Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Life's Dream

When I was a little girl and someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up my standard answer was always "a lawyer".  I am not sure what made me want to be a lawyer.  For that matter, I am not even sure that I understood the responsibilities of a lawyer.   Today, I can't even imagine being a lawyer.  Lawyers are tough people.  If you know me well, you know that I wear my feelings on my sleeves - not a good characteristic for a lawyer.  I guess I made a good decision to NOT be a lawyer, but then again, those were a little girl's dreams.

When I went to high school I had an excellent Algebra teacher that made a great impression on me.  She was a great teacher - she had unyielding patience with the group of unruly students in her class.  My grades in her class were truly a reflection of what an outstanding teacher she was.  After taking her class I considered becoming a teacher.  Today, my family and friends will tell you that I definitely do not have the patience a teacher needs - I guess it's a good thing that I didn't become a teacher.

I didn't know that I wanted to be a Project Manager until I worked for First American Real Estate Information Services and met Jackie, who was a great mentor and recognized my talents and helped guide me into the position that I am in now.

Even though my aspirations changed as I matured, one aspiration has never changed:  it is my life's dream to be on Wheel of Fortune.  Growing up I remember watching Wheel of Fortune with my parents in the evening after (or was it before?) we ate dinner.  Originally contestants on Wheel of Fortune would use the money earned during each round to buy prizes (remember the dalmatian that was always in the prize room?).  Then at some point the game show changed allowing contestants to keep the money they earned.  Remember when the most money you could earn per letter was $1,000?  I do. Now you can win up to a million dollars for solving the bonus round.  I am getting closer to turning 40 and before I turn 50 I would really love love love to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.  For now, I will continue to play the Facebook version of Wheel of Fortune.

What is your life's dream?

3 comments:

  1. And now you need a comment! I always wanted to go on Jeopardy or that Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. Now I like "Are You Smarter than a 5th grader" but I fear I can never go on it, cause I don't want to prove to the nation that I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i SO remember the old Wheel of Fortune - "i'll take the lamps for $280 and the rest i'll put on a credit" - or gift card or something!! does that make us old? you'd be great on Wheel of Fortune!! you better try out the next time they come to town - so glad you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy what an opening blog post! Luv ya

    ReplyDelete