Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creamy Italian Chicken

Lately I have become a little obsessed with cooking in my crock pot.  Last week I cooked one of David's favorites!  As you know David doesn't eat beef or pork or much seafood; therefore, I am pretty much limited to cooking chicken!!  This recipe was very flavorful and I would definitely make again.  Here's the ingredients you need:

  • 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 package dry zesty italian dressing
  • Seasoning for chicken (I use Melting Pot Garlic & Wine seasoning)
  • 1 small can (4 oz?) mushrooms
  • 1 8 oz. package low fat cream cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (low cal/reduced sodium)


Take the 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and season them (again, I seasoned them with the Garlic & Wine seasoning, salt and pepper).  Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.

Mix the 1 package dry zesty Italian dressing with 1/3 cup of water - mix the dressing and water until it has a smooth consistency and no lumps.  Then pour in the crock pot with the chicken.

Cook the chicken in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours.

Mix the cream cheese and chicken soup until it has a smooth even consistency and then add the drained mushrooms.  Pour this mixture over the chicken in the crock pot.  Cook for another 2-3 hours on low (until the chicken is done).

Once the creamy Italian chicken is done cooking I poured it over pasta.  Since I had my surgery I don't eat a lot of pasta, but when I do eat pasta I always eat high fiber, high protein pasta.  In this case I used the Barilla Farfalle Pasta.  I also added some brussel sprouts to the plate because they are David's favorite!

Dinner turned out super duper yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment