- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package dry zesty italian dressing
- Seasoning for chicken (I use Melting Pot Garlic & Wine seasoning)
- 1 small can (4 oz?) mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. package low fat cream cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (low cal/reduced sodium)
Take the 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and season them (again, I seasoned them with the Garlic & Wine seasoning, salt and pepper). Place the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
Mix the 1 package dry zesty Italian dressing with 1/3 cup of water - mix the dressing and water until it has a smooth consistency and no lumps. Then pour in the crock pot with the chicken.
Cook the chicken in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours.
Mix the cream cheese and chicken soup until it has a smooth even consistency and then add the drained mushrooms. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the crock pot. Cook for another 2-3 hours on low (until the chicken is done).
Once the creamy Italian chicken is done cooking I poured it over pasta. Since I had my surgery I don't eat a lot of pasta, but when I do eat pasta I always eat high fiber, high protein pasta. In this case I used the Barilla Farfalle Pasta. I also added some brussel sprouts to the plate because they are David's favorite!
Dinner turned out super duper yummy!!!!